Electrical Engineer Modeling – Beaverton, Oregon
Corbin Consulting is a growing engineering consulting firm of 100+ employees with offices in Beaverton, Oregon and Tempe, Arizona. Our clients are world leaders in advanced technology and industrial production.
We are seeking an electrical engineer to perform short circuit analysis, arc flash analysis, and overcurrent protective device coordination for data center and industrial clients from our Beaverton office. The successful candidate will work with peers and mentors with a wide range of experience levels.
- Primary responsibilities include performing short circuit analysis, arc flash analysis, overcurrent protective device coordination and review of power quality and reliability using SKM or EasyPower software.
- Secondary responsibilities include performing engineering studies and design of electrical systems ranging from simple to complex. Types of design include power, lighting, distribution systems, heat trace, and equipment installation designs.
- Coordination with engineering team members, both in electrical and other disciplines.
- Direct interface with customers for design review meetings and for engineering consultation.
- Technical writing of technical reports.
This is an entry- to mid-level position for applicants with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent). We are looking for candidates who are:
- 2+ years of experience as an independent engineer.
- Basic understanding of NEC requirements, including electrical clearances, circuit sizing, de-rating, motor circuit design and transformer feeder design.
- Excellent communicator, both in verbal and written forms.
- Team player with ability to both lead and follow.
- Highly organized, with a general sense of responsibility and follow through.
- Results oriented.
- Experience in relay programming is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and modeling software (EasyPower and/or SKM).
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification is a plus.
Please identify any relevant skills you might have, such as AutoCAD or Revit, or electrical system modeling software such as SKM or EasyPower. Please provide any past work or volunteer experience in your response, including those that may be non-engineering related.
We offer a very competitive compensation package within the engineering consulting industry.
- A compensation package based on experience and abilities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Corporate-sponsored medical and dental insurance plans.
- An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matching.
- Three weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO) and eight paid holidays per year.
- Up to $3000/year in yearly tuition reimbursement for coursework relevant to your position.
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Opportunities to learn engineering outside of work, such as lunchtime seminars with industry experts and professional development hour compensation.
Advantages of Working for Corbin Consulting:
Corbin Consulting was established in 1999 by engineers experienced in the design of building and process systems for advanced technology clients. Over the last 22 years Corbin has grown to a 90+ person firm that has diversified beyond the advanced technology business sector into industrial and healthcare sectors as well. We are not “corporate”; we are an engineering company owned and run by engineers – our owners directly manage projects and mentor our staff. Additionally:
- Corbin gives employees control over their career advancement. You will have direct access to key project players, including design managers, disciplines designers and company owners.
- Even at the entry level, you will model building systems for industry leaders in the advanced technology sector.
- Corbin serves a wide variety of clients with a myriad of unique projects and design challenges, providing a variety of working experiences.
- We encourage all degreed employees to obtain professional licensure in their respective fields of engineering.