Project Manager – Beaverton, Oregon
Corbin Consulting is a growing engineering consulting firm of 90+ staff members with offices in Beaverton, Oregon and Tempe, Arizona. Our clients are world leaders in advanced technology and industrial production.
We are seeking a project manager for our Beaverton office to scope projects, write fee proposals, manage a multi-discipline project team through each phase of project design and construction, perform quality control of documents, and provide outstanding customer support. You will work with a competent multi-discipline team of engineers and administrative staff with a wide range of experience levels.
- Scoping new engineering projects and writing fee proposals for our valued customers. Clients may include architects, contractors or owners.
- Provide regular project updates and coordination with our internal management team.
- Coordinate quality control reviews of multi-discipline design documents performed by your colleagues, as well as conducting periodic reviews directly.
- Managing an engineering team to meet quality, cost and schedule targets. Includes assembling project tasks lists and schedule, leading regular discussions with team members to ensure project is on track, and identifying roadblocks and potential solutions. Engineering disciplines being managed could include architectural, structural, mechanical, process, electrical, and instrumentation & controls.
- Leading project contractual and design discussions with clients regarding such topics as engineering issues and solutions, information needs, budget, schedule and staffing.
- Attending client meetings as a representative for the firm regarding general subjects that arise as part of supporting projects.
This is a mid- to senior-level position for applicants with client and project management experience. We are looking for candidates with the following:
- 7+ years of experience performing project and client management for an engineering firm.
- Understanding of general engineering fundamentals and construction.
- Good communicator and team player. Must be able to relate well both to internal staff and to customers.
- Solid technical writing skills, with experience developing and documenting processes for an engineering team.
- Solid relationship builder, capable of comprehending and listening to customer feedback, with consistent follow-through on commitments.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and thorough with experience in quality control review of documents.
- Dedication and commitment; results oriented.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new concepts, especially as they relate to engineering and construction.
- Proficiency with Bluebeam, MS Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- BSEE or equivalent degree from an accredited university, preferably in architecture or engineering.
- EIT or PE license is a plus, but not required.
Please identify any relevant skills you might have, such project management certification, or software skills such as MS Project, Quickbase, AutoCAD, Revit or Navisworks. Please provide any past work or volunteer experience in your response, including those that may be non-engineering related.
We offer a very competitive compensation package within the engineering consulting industry.
- A compensation package based on experience and abilities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Corporate-sponsored medical and dental insurance plans.
- An Individual Retirement Account (IRA) program with company matching.
- Three weeks of Personal Time Off (PTO) and eight paid holidays per year.
- Up to $3000/year in yearly tuition reimbursement for coursework relevant to your position.
- Long term disability insurance coverage.
- Opportunities to learn professional skills outside of work, such as lunchtime seminars with industry experts and professional development hour compensation.
Advantages of Working for Corbin Consulting:
Corbin Consulting was established in 1999 by engineers experienced in the design of building and process systems for advanced technology clients. Over the last 22 years Corbin has grown to a 90+ person firm that has diversified beyond the advanced technology business sector into industrial and healthcare sectors as well. We are not “corporate”; we are an engineering company owned and run by engineers – our owners directly manage projects and mentor our staff. Additionally:
- Corbin gives employees control over their career advancement. You will have direct access to key project players, including design managers, disciplines designers and company owners.
- You will manage projects and processes for a design team that works for industry leaders in the advanced technology sector.
- Corbin serves a wide variety of clients with a myriad of unique projects and design challenges, providing a variety of working experiences.